Smooth & compact
- Shock absorbers built into the hub of each wheel provide a smooth ride at high speeds
- Extra wide deck provides sure, strong footing
- Easy to park using the two-way kickstand, or fold to carry
The Speed+ is considered by many adults to be the perfect commuter scooter, thanks to its ‘mid-size’. It is larger and faster than our lightest-weight scooter, yet still compact enough to easily carry inside at the end of the commute.
Here are 4 features that put the Speed+ in the middle of the Micro range, making it ‘just right’ for many riders:
- Wheel Size – larger wheels let you ride faster but are heavier, an important consideration especially if you plan to carry the scooter indoors. The Speed+ wheels are the next size up from Micro's smallest wheels and a little heavier, but for some riders they offer a perfect speed-to-weight ratio.
- Deck Size – the foot deck should be large enough to comfortably accommodate your foot. A larger deck is nice but adds to the carrying weight.
- Steering Stick Height and Adjustability – the right height scooter won’t require you to lean over to reach the handle bars and will be comfortable for you to ride. The Speed + handle bar height is in the middle of the range, adjusting from a height of 23.5 inches up to 35.5 inches above the deck.
- Overall Scooter Weight – if you plan to fold and carry your Micro, into your office, class, home, cafe, etc. the weight is important. The Speed+, weighing just 8.3 lbs, a little more than the Sprite at 6.2 lbs. For many, the extra carrying weight is worth it for the larger wheel size (speed and stability) and the extra deck.
Assembly, Folding and Unfolding - The Speed+ comes completely assembled and features Micro’s patented 2-button folding system which makes folding and unfolding it is quick and easy. After removing the Speed+ from the box, loosen the clamp on the folding mechanism, then push in and hold the 2 buttons on either side of the front wheel to unfold your scooter and ride. At the end of the ride, choose between folding it back up OR park it outside using Micro’s patented two-way kickstand. The two-way kickstand can be kicked forward or back. We recommend kicking it forward to ride, so that when you're ready to park, you can use your toe to deploy the stand. It's the cool way to park your ride.
A lot of great Micro quality at a great price.
SAFETY - We recommend that riders wear a helmet. This scooter is not designed for jumps or stunts, but our Freestyle scooters are.
|Age||Teen + Adult|
|Weight capacity||220 lbs|
|Scooter Weight||8.3 lbs|
|Storage and Travel||26" x 5" x 8"|
|Handle Height||23.5" to 35.5"|
|Wheel size/material||Front and back: 145 mm, Polyurethane|
|Length/width of scooter||30" x 5"|
|Length/width of standing deck||13.5" x 5"|