Micro scooters make great transport to school, work, the park, or just out and about, because they are convenient, fun and reliable. But, like many activities, following basic safety rules and using caution when riding is all-important.
Use a helmet designed for scooting. Bike helmets often do not have the protection for the back of the head that our Micro scooter helmets have due to the need to angle the head back when riding a bike.
Micro scooters are designed to be stable, safe and healthy. So, please, scoot smart and scoot safe!
We strongly support parents and schools helping children and adults follow these rules while scooting:
- Wear a safety-approved helmet that fits properly
- Wear elbow and knee pads
- Stay on the sidewalk when riding - avoid wet or broken sidewalks
- Always stop at street corners, looking both ways, and walk your scooter across the street
- Scoot at a safe speed and follow traffic safety rules
- Adult supervision is recommended for children riding scooters
- Check scooters regularly to make sure they are functioning properly
- Replace parts as needed - contact our customer service at 888.236.5657 for information, parts and repair
- Be respectful of pedestrians sharing the sidewalk
- Scoot only in daylight for best visibility
- To stop quickly step off the scooter while still holding the T bar or joystick - if you do not feel safe easily stepping off the scooter, you are going too fast, so slow down!